Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
GANTZ live action.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberpunk Review Forum Index » Reviewer Forum View previous topic :: View next topic  

GANTZ live action.
 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quote  
Terminator X

This review of GANTZ live action comes to you directly after my second time viewing the film and within 20 mins of it's ending. (As any decent reviewer would practice and in the future should follow suit)

My review...Gort

the concept was refreshing. the acting was silly. the special effects were budget. the Japanese were Japanesy. First 35mins were spent wondering why the story wasn't moving along, then I realized that this film was trying it's best to cater to viewers who perhaps know little of the GANTZ universe, lucky for me being me of course, I decided to watch the movie w/ one of the flatmates who lived in the J-land for the past four years. She knows all about the GANTZ. She will now take over my keyboard.

GO Kerry!

Hi.(#^.^#)

Gantz live action wasn't near as good as the anime adaptation imo. the only actor I recognized was Matsuyama Kenichi who plays L in the live action Death Note. the actress they have playing the role of Tae Kojima, is Yoshitaka Yuriko, who delivers the typical girl in distress hardship commonly found in 80% of these JPOP focused films. AV Idol crotch shots are stacked one after another for those AV girl fans like Gator, the movie is most likely aimed for the Shonen and Seinen demograph, as there is very little in the way for entertaining females or younger children. Did it entertain me? sure. Did I have anything better to do at the time I was asked to watch the movie? no. Do I think Gator's review is any good? Yes, of course. Is he standing behind me? yes. Is it time to smoke more weed? fuck yes, see you big time science people later.

- k

(^o^)y

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quote  
Keyboard Samurai

Sounds interesting, but if you want Mr.Roboto to put your review on the Main Site, you will have to include a little summary to explain what this movie is about, because the Reviews on the main site aren't only aimed at people who already know the movie.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:02 pm Reply with quote  
Terminator X

SSJKamui wrote:
Sounds interesting, but if you want Mr.Roboto to put your review on the Main Site, you will have to include a little summary to explain what this movie is about, because the Reviews on the main site aren't only aimed at people who already know the movie.

No it's fine.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:55 pm Reply with quote  
Bit-Junkie

Well fuck Neutral ... I was planning to watch this live action , and I knew I shouldn't expect it to be enjoyable ... but meh ... guess I'll just watch it for the lulz o.O

*NET~Runner>>>

Re: GANTZ live action.
 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote  
Keyboard Samurai

g8rvalle wrote:

Gantz live action wasn't near as good as the anime adaptation imo.

And that says a lot b/c the anime is horseshit. Except for the theme song by Rip Slyme.

From my experience, manga that people know about always get a pretty lame adaptation and that's why I just couldn't bother to get excited when news of this movie first came out. Screw Death Note, Devilman, and this, go watch the Ichi the Killer or Tokyo Zombie movies instead.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote  
Terminator X

Darky wrote:
Well fuck Neutral ... I was planning to watch this live action , and I knew I shouldn't expect it to be enjoyable ... but meh ... guess I'll just watch it for the lulz o.O

Yeah, that seems to be the universal reception towards the live action haha, I was hoping to walk away from the film w/ a kind of 'want' in knowing more about the gantz world, but...it didn't hit the right nerves I guess. the copy I DL'd was dubbed in english and my flatmate Kerry speaks fluent jappy, she found the translation to be elusive within spots. I'd have to agree w/ you in that this movie only watchable for the lulz indeed. the actress is cute, and there's plenty of pervert camera work to balance her shitty acting. Shrug

El Phantasmo wrote:
g8rvalle wrote:

Gantz live action wasn't near as good as the anime adaptation imo.

And that says a lot b/c the anime is horseshit. Except for the theme song by Rip Slyme.

From my experience, manga that people know about always get a pretty lame adaptation and that's why I just couldn't bother to get excited when news of this movie first came out. Screw Death Note, Devilman, and this, go watch the Ichi the Killer or Tokyo Zombie movies instead.

I have heard of gantz the series, but never watched it. I initially thought it was penned by Nihei Tsutomu, seeing to me that the art seemed a bit familiar but I was let down in finding out halfway through the live action that Nihei Tsutomu had no involvement w/ gantz. I like death note 1, the series, I didn't know there was a live action, but I think Ill pass on it so that I'm not let down again.

off topic, but I think you'd appreciate it. One of my all time favorite hometown wrestlers is named, El Phantasmo.

haha, you are not him though no?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote  
Unknown Variable

g8rvalle wrote:
I like death note 1, the series, I didn't know there was a live action, but I think Ill pass on it so that I'm not let down again.

I'm probably in the minority, but I prefered the Death Note live action (1+2, not the third L-centric movie) over the Death Note anime.. They streamilned it a lot and took out a lot of the shonen elements that made the series really repetitive and gave it (IMO) a much better ending.

IMO it's worth a watch.. it's not toooo different, but it's got enough to keep you guessing.. and essentially it's the 1st season turned into a 4-hour movie.. no Near and Melo crap and all that stuff in the 2nd where it just got really ridiculous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberpunk Review Forum Index » Reviewer Forum

Jump to: